1/23/11

Some Sewing Got Done!

So I've had this template for, like, EVER.
Never used it, but I saw it on someone's blog the other day, and that prompted me to bust it out and give it a try.I'm not going to say it's the easiest thing in the world, but I made this little baby quilt in ONE AFTERNOON.
So I guess it works ok!
Now, if you're afraid of bias edges, this might not be for you, but I ain't skerred of no biases, so I just starched the ever loving heck out of it and cut away. How starched is it? It can stand up on it's own.
See?That's a lot of starch.
Now, I know, this Hunky Dory fabric isn't the best choice. Something with more contrast would work better, but I had this charm pack and had never done anything with it, and I just wanted to play, so...
It's about 30" by 26. It shrinks up a lot in the cutting and resewing.Now I just need someone to have a baby girl, and I'm all set!

4 comments:

MWalker said...

I've seen this all over, but wondered how hard it is to match the blocks back up after you cut them? I'm (VERY)easily confused after things get cut out and I don't see the pattern anymore.
Love the quilt, by the way!

Janice said...

Megan, it was soooo easy. You just sew squares together, then line up the template on the intersections and cut around it. The pinwheels just sort of form themselves. I even dropped a stack on the way to the sewing machine and had no problem figuring out where things went!
And thanks! ;-)

shabby girl said...

EEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! Sooo cute! I like finding the pinwheels all over. I'm so easily amused, aren't I?
Great job!!!

The6ofusinca said...

I have dibs on the next baby girl and THIS quilt!