8/10/08

Johan Gutenberg ain't got nuttin on ME!

Hey! What's that thing?
Doesn't this girl know how to rotate her pictures?
That's pretty cool though, I must say...
What's that you ask? Why, that's a printer's box! It's a drawer that printers used to keep their letter blocks in. Block letters? You know, the little cubes that each had an individual letter carved into them so that they could spell out whatever they wanted. Not that I'll be keeping it next to my basement printing press, I just think it's cool. I see it ending up as an art project, sort of a wooden quilt, with little two inch blocks. Although, I have to say, in the night I dreamed of it being a Christmas decoration. Can't you just see it painted up with a tiny little Christmas vignette in each box? Finally, a use for those miniature ornaments that are so adorable, but that get lost on the tree. I can already tell that we're going to be fast friends, and that it's going to be many different things over the course of our life together. It called my name in an antique store this weekend. (And by the way, every time I spell the word 'antique' I hear Bugs Bunny in my head pronouncing it 'anti-que'. Just so you know.) And I couldn't leave him behind. He had a friend too, with different size rectangles, but the symmetry of this lil' guy with his perfect squares appealed to me. That, and he called my name louder than the other, and said that I was looking good, and did I do something with my hair? and hey, baby, how'dja like to take me home with you? Well how could I resist? I bet you couldn't either. He's fabulous.

2 comments:

shabby girl said...

Hheeeyyyy! Some little drawers would be nice!!! Just a few...sprinkled in a about the lil guy. With cool little drawer pulls???

The6ofusinca said...

So what did ya ever do with this?