9/21/09

Neptune Love

I love Neptune!
I just wanted to get that out. It's so pretty, and I love how Tula Pink hides cute little sea motifs in the prints.
So clever.
I've been so busy lately; weddings, funerals, parties, work stuff.
It was nice to finally get in there and cut up my Neptune stash.
It's so hard to cut into that stuff that you love, isn't it?

I may have mentioned... I LOVE Neptune. I've been obsessed with it for quite a while, but I'm also obsessed with fining things on sale. So when Fabric Depot had 14 prints 40% off, I jumped!
Then I waited, and petted it, and arranged it in different configurations...
I went through a bazillion pattern choices before deciding on the "Kaleidoscope" block.
Mmm... nice pile of cut pieces.
Sew them into pairs,
sew the pairs into halves, sew the halves into a block.
Oww! Check out those points!
I can brag now, because the points when I sewed the blocks together aren't that hot.
C'est la vie.
So many bigger things to be upset over. I can't waste my energy crying over wonky points.
That doesn't mean I'll be showing you them any time soon though.
A girl knows how to hide her flaws!

3 comments:

shabby girl said...

Even the word, Neptune, is sure to grab you, Pisces girl!
It will be lovely, I'm sure!

Leslie said...

this is exciting!! i love neptune...i have a little stash put away to make a zig zag quilt someday!!! i am excited to see more of this quilt!!! it is beautiful,

Julie @ Jaybird Quilts said...

who doesn't love neptune? seriously its great... i love your project & i'm proud of you for cutting into your stash!!