2/2/09

Oh, the Winter Blues......

Oh sigh. Heavy sigh. Eye rolling, deep lung sigh... When I am at work, all I want to do is go home and sew, but then when I get home, I can't get motivated!  Does anyone else feel like this? I have so many unfinished projects. Soooo many. Like this...
My Christmas quilt. I tried to take the picture to make it look bigger, but that's really all there is of it. Or this...
All the pieces cut out for the Christmas tree rag quilt. Or this... 
My "Masterpiece". It's waiting, just waiting for it's applique border. That's all. Totally pieced top. Just needs a border. A "Masterpiece" border, sure, but the point is it's just been sitting there waiting, like FOREVER. And that's not even the worst! There's this... 
A half done project. Pillow covers for a friend. Cute! I think. Then I just don't know why I can't finish them. And what about... 
This will be a baby quilt for my step-son and his wife. No, they're not pregnant yet, why do you ask? So why? WHY? Why can't I finish up any of them? Why can't I even WORK on them? I've made stuff before, I know it can happen. But I just have no drive at all to work on these. Maybe it's my crappy tools... 
This is my ironing mat, that I've had for easily 10+ years. It's seen better days! It's burned and ripped on one side... 
And the other side has been so well used that the lines are worn off. Maybe I need a whole room make-over. Maybe I just need new stuff. Maybe I need a kick in the butt and a good dose of "FINISH-IT!" So why, why, WHY in the name of all that's holy, am I putting together aqua and red fabrics to see how they'll look in a new quilt?

2 comments:

shabby girl said...

You need to come over so we can sew together. How about if we get webcams and sew together?

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

I think the ducks are rocking!!

Beauregard arrived today. He is wonderful! So handsome and such a gentlemen! He wanted me to let you know that he made it safely and seriously thought about eating the cow tails that you sent to me but he did not want to leave the wrappers in the box. Silly Bird!

I will post him on my blog in a few days. He needs to go on a fiberglass cow tour to get some better bearings of his new home.

Thank you so very much!